Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the Zoo



Nathaniel's favorite animals are the monkeys. Wonder why?

He thinks he's pretty cool stuff.

Jeremiah trying to see if he can jump as far as a cougar.

No fear Nathaniel walks right up to a peacock and was about to try and get a "pretty feh-ver."

Explorers searching for the dinosaurs.

Nathaniel showing his t-rex drawing to the t-rex.


We are not really zoo people. It kind of makes us sad to see animals penned up in cages for our entertainment. But Groupon was offering a year long, family membership to the Chattanooga Zoo for $27.00 and I just couldn't pass up that deal. We went on Friday morning, while it was still cool and not too busy. It was nice to know that we could stay for just as long as was interesting to the boys, because we could always come back another day. I'm pretty sure we will get our money's worth. It's a nice, small zoo so I don't feel worried when the boys run ahead of me. We will return for field trips I am sure. The boys were asking, "Do you have a scavenger hunt for us?" because they had really enjoyed the scavenger hunt at the Tellus museum. So I will try and do something creative for one of our visits. A big plus is that membership to this zoo gets us free admission to a lot of other zoo's around the country, including the Philadelphia Zoo!
The boys favorite thing at the zoo? The carousel.

No comments: