Friday, June 03, 2011

5 Minute Friday - Every Day

I am joining The Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday again. Writing for 5 minutes, no editing.
Today's topic, Every Day

GO

Every day requires a cup of coffee. Every day I wonder just what I am doing. Every day I feel slightly, uncomfortably foreign, no matter where I am. Every day I struggle to keep my temper. Every day I struggle to be disciplined over food and exercise and the things that need to be done. Every day I think of all the things I have done wrong, the ways I have failed.

Every day I marvel at the beauty of my children. Their joy, abandon, generosity, ability to forgive. Every day I snuggle each of them a little bit. Every day I grieve a few seconds for moments that are flowing away. Every day I see my husbands patience and perseverance. His quiet strength and comfort. Every day I marvel at his desire for me and this life that we are building together. Every day I see glimpses of grace.

His mercies truly are new every morning.

Stop

Again for some reason I can't get the whole button code to work. Join the 5 Minute Friday here.

2 comments:

Jennifer Camp said...

Yes, this is my everyday, too! Your words are beautiful in the details you share about your heart, your seeing Him and responding. What a beautiful family. Thank you.

ohAmanda said...

Beautiful! How wonderfully transparent. I feel the same way as you--trudging through and at the same time reveling in the beauty.

ad