We are slowly but surely recovering from jet-lag and getting adjusting back to our "normal" life here. Last night Jeremiah slept the whole night through and woke up at 4:00am again so hopefull this night will back to normal.
I am finding that not only are we in physical jet-lag I feel like I am in emotional jet-lag as well. After 3 weeks of daily interaction with mom & dad and ben & ramona I feel abit disjointed all of a sudden. You mean I have to make my own tea? Who do I talk to during the day? Also, just getting back into the rythm of housework, caring for Jeremiah, paying bills, doing my MCC work is all abit daunting. I am realizing that no matter how old I am, going home and having mom take care of me still feels good.
I feel so blessed to have Aaron's family close by. Sunday lunches at Steve & Brenda's are a welcome tradition. And having Chad & Cherise back in town has been so fun too. I love hanging out with them.
I am amazed at how Jeremiah is building relationships and remembers the important people in his life. He seemed to recognize Caleb & Moni when we were at their house. He now points at pictures of my parents and says "opa" and "oma". This morning on the webcam he obviously recognized mom and greeted her with a big smile. On Saturday as he was re-acquainting himself with our house he picked up a picture of Ben & Ramona, pointed to them and started babbling something. On Sunday he walked straight to Steve & Brenda across the parking lot and greeted Chad & Cherise with a big smile and pointed. Pointing by the way is his way of greeting people he knows.
I keep thinking about things I love about Europe (connection to the environment around you, fresh food, slower pace of life, public transportation) and things I love about America (airconditioning, low prices, my house, my church) and realize again that I need to live in the moment I have right now. Each moment should be experienced and treasured because I won't get it back. Who knows what God has in store for our little family? But right now we live in LaFayette, Georgia and that is good. There are things about life here to enjoy and ways to serve in our community.
And in the meantime we have all kinds of great technology to keep connections to those who are far away. Seriously, Jeremiah is going to be more technologically advanced then I can ever hope to be. I mean, he could work a TV remote when he was 6 months old for goodness sake and we don't even watch much TV! :-)
2 comments:
i totally agree about living in the moment and i feel so often that i keep looking for the furture...to echo you, we live in atlanta right now and that is all good....also it is fun to have jeremiah recognize us all, even if he doesn't quite know who we are at least he seems to like us :)
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Post a Comment