Monday, October 23, 2006

Room Makeover?


Ok - it's not really a total room make over. But our project this morning was to go to Lowe's and get a lamp and a timer (for the lamp) for Jeremiah's room. The purpose - I have heard that by putting a lamp on a timer you can teach your children to stay in bed until a certain time, the time that the lamp comes on. I am hoping to do this with Jeremiah since his wake up time is so sporadic, some mornings he sleeps until almost 7:30 and others he is up at 6:00. I am realizing that I function much better on days when I get up before he does and am able to take a shower, get dressed, have a cup of coffee and a tiny bit of quiet time before the day starts. So the lamp timer will be set for 7:00 and I will be up at 6:30. We'll see how it goes.
Anyway, I used the excuse of the new lamp to fix up the little reading corner in Jeremiah's room. I think it looks nice and relaxing, the perfect place to cuddle with some books for a while.

There was one aspect of the morning that has left me frustrated. My search for a red wagon for Jeremiah. Who would have ever thought that actually being able to put my hands on one to purchase would be so hard. The tractor & farm supply store (yes, we actually have one) does not have them even though they said they would start stocking them in September. Kmart has the small one that doesn't have the high wooden sides. I haven't been to Toys R Us or Target yet because they are further away and a certain little boy was getting cranky. I am determined to have a wagon for Jeremiah to play in while I work in the yard (plus the wagon would help me lug plants and rocks around).
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aaron said...

where did that cool chair come from?