Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Aaron's Interview

I just talked to Aaron who said that he felt that his interview went really well. It was over an hour long and when it was over the principal said that she thought that Aaron would make a good teacher where ever he ended up teaching. So, kinda cryptic, but encouraging at least that he made a good impression. Aaron was one of 12 interviewed. They will let him know on Thursday what their final decision is. So please join us in prayer between now and then!
I have still not been sleeping well. I am probably getting about 4 hours of sleep a night and today I really feel the wear and tear. I have my 28 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow so I will ask her if there is anything I can take to at least get one good night of sleep a week.
Jeremiah has taken a new step to independence. For the past week he has put himself to sleep for bed and nap time. When I say that I mean that before I leave the room after reading him books and saying his prayers I tell him that he can look at one book until he is ready to sleep and I will come and check on him to make sure he is sleeping. When I come back 20-30 minutes later his book is laid carefully beside his bed and he is sound asleep with his sheet pulled up. While I am happy that we have made this step before the arrival of the new baby it still tugs on my heartstrings a little....

2 comments:

R. R. M. said...

Wow! You have your own blog! I'm impressed. Your descriptions of daily life are delightful and bring a smile to my face. I love the pictures too. I received this link from Peggy Pappas whose daughter's friend knows you (I think I got that straight). Anyway, hello, dear friend!
--Rebecca McRae (formerly Schmurr)

Amy Ross said...

Glad to hear that things went well. I was praying off and on from 1-2!! Ask your doc about Tylenol PM!! And I have a friend who took an over the counter sleep med for nausea her first tri-mester... so I don't know if that's an option too? I'll keep praying for sure!