Check out this link for the pictures of Nathaniel that were taken in the hospital.
Actually things seem to be going really well. Nathaniel still sleeps all the time (we are assuming that is normal and ok - Jeremiah was active from the moment he was born so we don't really have anything to compare it to) so I don't think that Jeremiah feels like the baby is taking away any attention from him.
This morning Jeremiah was holding Nathaniel and giving him little squeezes saying "I like him!" I think that he is enjoying being an older brother. I know that he is enjoying getting extra attention from his papa.
Nathaniel is so laid back that I have to wake him up to eat and even then he is a slow and lazy eater. Again, a big difference from Jeremiah. I could set my clock by Jeremiah (every 2 hours on the dot) and he would wolf the milk down. Nathaniels laziness right now is more painful for me than anything else. Today I am going to try and wake him up every 2 hours instead of every 3 and see if I can get some relief (you mothers know what I am talking about).
I am still feeling really good and I think that we are all getting enough rest and time to adjust.
Thanks for your continued prayers. We are still in awe of God's goodness to us!
3 comments:
my mom said i was a sleeper when i was born. the only problem with that is that mom being a new mom didn't know i needed to eat more and so at one point the dr told her she had to wake me up more to eat and keep me awake to eat during that time so i would gain weight b/c i wasn't really gaining enough :)wish i still had that problem :p hope you all have a good day!!
Very sweet pictures, Sarah! How fun to have a new little baby around. My kids have both been sleepers, of course, since they were born so early. It's hard to wake them up at night to eat when they are sleeping nicely. If no one told you this, make sure you keep him awake while he eats with stimulation so gets good meals and you get that relief you need!=)
and then there were four...
congratulations!
Post a Comment