It is Monday morning again. Inevitable.
I am struggling this morning to get going. After a fun weekend (scroll down for pics) all the household chores are staring me in the face and I just can't bring up any enthusiasm for the tasks ahead. At some point I also have to make it to the post office (always an adventure with Jeremiah) and the library. It doesn't help that Nathaniel was up from 2-4 this morning and somewhere in my sleep fogged brain I remember getting up with Jeremiah too at some point.
Last week was a hard week. I was very impatient with Jeremiah and I'm sure that I was not always a Godly, loving parent. I know that I was not a loving and Godly wife either. At our church we always have communion on the last Sunday of the month at an evening pot-luck meal and service. In preparation for communion we have a time of confession of sin.
We sang the following song which was like a balm to my soul and I am reminded today to speechlessly trust God's mercy and boundless grace. Praise God that my salvation does not depend on what I do but on what God has done for me!
God, Be Merciful To Me
God, be merciful to me, On Thy grace I rest my plea;
Plenteous in compassion Thou,Blot out my transgressions no;
Wash me, make me pure within,Cleanse, O cleanse me from my sin.
--
My transgressions I confess, grief and guilt my soul oppress;
I have sinned against thy grace, and provoked Thee to Thy face;
I confess Thy judgement just, speechless I Thy mercy trust.
--
I am evil, born in sin; Thou desirest truth within.
Thou alone my Savior art, teach Thy wisdom to my heart;
Make me pure Thy grace bestow, wash me whiter than the snow.
--
Broken humbled to the dust, by Thy wrath and judgement just,
Let me contrite heart rejoice and in gladness hear Thy voice;
From my sins O hide Thy face, blot them out in boundless grace.
--
Gracious God my heart renew, make my spirit right and true;
Cast me not away from Thee, let Thy Spirit dwell in me;
Thy salvation's joy impart, steadfast make my willing heart.
--
Sinners then shall learn from me, and return O God to Thee;
Savior all my guilt remove, and my tongue shall sing Thy love;
Touch my silent lips O Lord, and my mouth shall praise accord!
1 comment:
Hey Rapiers,
This is Pete Herron. Hope you guys are doing well. Looks like the harvest party was a lot of fun.
Sarah, I just got off the phone with Esther, and she said that I should get in touch with you. I have recently started working with an organization called supportthisministry.com, and we help Christian ministries raise money by providing free websites that generate money for them.
Anyway, I thought you might be interested, for Sonshine. You can call me at 561-210-7119 or 888-543-8833 ext. 8714, that's my office #, or shoot me an email with a number where I could get in touch with you. My email is peter@supportthisministry.com.
Talk to you sometime soon.
Pete Herron
Post a Comment