Monday, October 08, 2007

Strength

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
--
Our God! You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer
--
You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God
You will not faint, you won't grow weary
Your the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


This is a new song that we have learned in church. Jeremiah loves it because it is really rockin. He dances and claps along when we sing it. I like it because it reminds me that even though I may feel weak and weary God's strength will sustain me because of who He is.
One of my favorite times of the week is Sunday morning standing in church worshiping God with Nathaniel in my arms, Aaron next to me and Jeremiah between us. I love watching Jeremiah learn to worship God. He has really started to enjoy music. He remembers words and likes to sing along to his favorite songs. He calls it "sing songs Jesus." In church he mimics other people around him by clapping and raising his hands.
I have been feeling weak and weary the past few days. Nathaniel has been having a growth spurt (I think) and has been up every 2 hours the past two nights to nurse. It really makes quite a difference in my energy level to go from 4 hours between feedings to 2. One day I was very snappy and impatient with Jeremiah and at the end of the day I felt like a horrible mother. This morning I am remembering that God will give me the strength I need if I wait on Him.
Thankfully this is fall break for Aaron's school so he just has meetings and lesson planning today and tomorrow and then he will be home the rest of the week. I love being married to a teacher!
(Scroll down for another post with pictures from yesterday.)

1 comment:

icajay said...

we love that song too. we've been singing it at perimeter for a while now and it has helped me get through some rough days...i hope you get some rest soon! We will be praying for you all :)