A friend of mine has been blogging every Friday about why her husband rocks. It has been fun to read her entry's and hear more about her relationship with her husband. I think it is such a beautiful thing for wives to publicly praise their husbands. I remember when I worked at DFCS before Aaron and I were married and all the married ladies would sit in an office and complain about their husbands. It was very rare for one of the ladies to say anything positive about their men. Society confirms the image of men being lazy, insensitive, stupid, unwilling fathers. Even I laugh at the Everybody Loves Raymond sitcom.
I have a daily battle with my thoughts. I guess I am an Eeyore by nature and tend to see the glass half empty as opposed to half full. Early in our marriage (due to the wise advice of a wise Christian sister) I vowed to speak only positively about Aaron to other people. I believe this has made a big difference in our relationship. The more I think and speak positively about him, the more thankful I am for him and the more loving I am toward him. Speaking positively about Aaron also gave me the opportunity to share about God's unconditional love with my co-workers because they would notice that I was not "trashing" my husband and would ask me why not.
The Bible says:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29
That is a convicting verse!
There is so much about Aaron that I love. He loves Jesus. He has deep compassion for other people, mostly people that society writes off or ignores. He is exceedingly patient. He is deeply thoughtful and incredibly smart, but doesn't show it off. He is not afraid to be himself, even if it is unconventional. He works hard. He never complains. He is an involved and caring father. He cares little for material things. He knows how to fix stuff. He is a terrific listener. He has great shoulders and strong arms. He keeps his word. He has a sarcastic sense of humor. He is loyal. He is always willing to help around the house.
I am truly blessed to have a husband who has the heart of a servant.
What do you love about your partner? Speak positively and it may just lead you feel positively too. Let's glorify God in the way we speak.
I have a daily battle with my thoughts. I guess I am an Eeyore by nature and tend to see the glass half empty as opposed to half full. Early in our marriage (due to the wise advice of a wise Christian sister) I vowed to speak only positively about Aaron to other people. I believe this has made a big difference in our relationship. The more I think and speak positively about him, the more thankful I am for him and the more loving I am toward him. Speaking positively about Aaron also gave me the opportunity to share about God's unconditional love with my co-workers because they would notice that I was not "trashing" my husband and would ask me why not.
The Bible says:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29
That is a convicting verse!
There is so much about Aaron that I love. He loves Jesus. He has deep compassion for other people, mostly people that society writes off or ignores. He is exceedingly patient. He is deeply thoughtful and incredibly smart, but doesn't show it off. He is not afraid to be himself, even if it is unconventional. He works hard. He never complains. He is an involved and caring father. He cares little for material things. He knows how to fix stuff. He is a terrific listener. He has great shoulders and strong arms. He keeps his word. He has a sarcastic sense of humor. He is loyal. He is always willing to help around the house.
I am truly blessed to have a husband who has the heart of a servant.
What do you love about your partner? Speak positively and it may just lead you feel positively too. Let's glorify God in the way we speak.
1 comment:
Yeay! Your husband rocks, too! You should check out Katy-Lin's blog and let her put you on the blog roll (if you want to.
http://honestandlasting.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-husband-rocks-friday.html
Post a Comment