Wednesday, March 04, 2009
A good way to end the day
Yesterday turned out to be one of those days. I had plans to do some major cleaning and organizing in my bedroom (which has been neglected since we moved in here despite all the marriage advice books that say to make your room a peaceful haven). I was motivated and ready to go. But as the morning progressed it was obvious that Nathaniel needed to see a doctor. So my day was spent at the doctors office, pharmacy, and attempting to give breathing treatments to a less than co-operative 18 month old. I accomplished absolutely nothing on my "to do list" and was completely wiped out at the end of the day. My loving husband saw my distress and ran out to get Taco Bell for dinner. What a blessing then to see my two little ones playing together in the dryer while I was trying to fold clothes. A beautiful reminder that my primary task is the nurture and care of these precious ones. I may not have accomplished my task list, Jeremiah may have spent the better portion of the day in front of PBS, Nathaniel may have been clingy and whiny all day, we may have had fast food for dinner and ice cream for dessert- but my goodness, they don't look much worse for wear. :-)
On a technical note. Nathaniel was diagnosed with bronchiolitis which is a result of a lingering and acute upper respiritory infection. He is on breathing treatments and antibiotics. You have no idea how horrible I felt when I heard that. We had a busy week last week and I dragged him all over the place assuming that his runny nose and extra sleeping was a virus or result of the pollen starting here. So I have cancelled all plans for the rest of the week and plan on staying at home letting this little one rest up and get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Cute pictures. It looks like they need to be in the washmachine and not the drier. oma
Post a Comment