We had a beautiful, simple, relaxing weekend. A visit from my grandparents was a gift and we enjoyed conversation and play with them. I did not take a single picture because I was just reveling in the joy of being in their company as well as watching my kids enjoy them. Sunday we relaxed at home taking naps after church and watching Wallace & Gromit as we snuggled on the couch with popcorn before bed as a special treat for the boys.
And so Monday morning has begun with my regular routine of "loving my house" (quick vacuum of all floors, load of clothes started in the washer, beds made, living room generally picked up, and kitchen counter free of dirty dishes or clutter). The boys are paused in front of Curious George so that I can catch up on some quick email and pay some bills before we head to our weekly Story Hour at the library.
This morning the verse I read in my devotional was this:
If I speak with the tongues of men and angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging symbol. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, if profits me nothing. - I Corinthians 13:1-3
My prayer for today is that I am able to love those around me well.
And so Monday morning has begun with my regular routine of "loving my house" (quick vacuum of all floors, load of clothes started in the washer, beds made, living room generally picked up, and kitchen counter free of dirty dishes or clutter). The boys are paused in front of Curious George so that I can catch up on some quick email and pay some bills before we head to our weekly Story Hour at the library.
This morning the verse I read in my devotional was this:
If I speak with the tongues of men and angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging symbol. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, if profits me nothing. - I Corinthians 13:1-3
My prayer for today is that I am able to love those around me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment