Monday, March 16, 2009

Random Wrap-Up

It is a rainy day (again) and I will head off in a few minutes to the library for Story Hour. So here is a random weekend wrap-up.
* Aaron was off on Friday so we had a great day at home as a family. I made coffee cake as a special treat and we just hung out all day. It was awesome.
* The boys spent the night at the Rapier grandparents Friday night and Saturday. They had a blast and probably wore grandmommy and grandaddy out.
* Aaron and I saw Watchmen on Friday night. Disappointing and uncomfortable. I continue to wonder why our society is so accepting of graphic violence and sex in movies.
* Saturday was spent cleaning our whole house from top to bottom! That's right. The whole house is clean. All 1200 square feet at the same time. It feels amazing.
Aaron patched the holes and cracks in the living room walls in preparation for painting. It looks great and once that is done a "For Sale" sign will go up in the yard!
* Sunday we went to Mrs. Linda's house for food and fellowship. It is always refreshing and encouraging to spend time out there. The boys roamed the 3 acres climbing trees, swinging, hiding in shrubs, chasing a soccer ball, and trying to coax the neighbors sheep to come closer. They came home tired and dirty. They were so happy and adventurous. This time of little boyhood is so fleeting. It made Aaron and I feel like buying some land, raising chickens & goats, having a vegetable garden and giving the boys the opportunity to roam free. I guess we will see how we feel when this house actually sells.
* Nathaniel has been eating non-stop since Wednesday of last week. He follows me around the house saying, "more cracker" "more cheese" "more grapes" "more milk." It has been a challenge to feed him snacks that are healthy and will put meat on his skinny little bones. I am convinced that he has gained some weight since the 18 month onesies I bought him are snug. I will have to pass them on to some one else....
* So today we are back to normal routine. It feels good to start the week with a clean house and a clean slate. It feels good to know that we have started the major projects that need to happen in order to put the house on the market. I feel energized and ready to face a new week.
Well, my little monkey's patience has run out and he is pulling on my leg saying, "up mama!" so it is time to sign off.

No comments: