


On New Year's day of 2007 I felt that deep, gnawing, immediate hunger and nauseousness that comes only with pregnancy. We were on our way to IHOP for breakfast with Aaron's family and I knew, without even taking a test, what was happening in my body. The next morning I walked into the kitchen, speechlessly holding the positive test in front of Aaron. In my shock I had no words. Later that day I spent an hour on the phone to my mom, sobbing. Because you see, this was not what I had planned.I was tired. I was happy with my one child. I had plans for my year. I was comfortable the way things were.
I spent the better part of the next 9 months battling sickness, depression, guilt, exhaustion.
At 9:40 p.m. on August 13, 2007 the wriggling bundle of boy was placed at my breast. He quieted and rested on me as soon as I spoke. And the tears fell fast and furious. Because this child was an amazing gift to me that I neither asked for nor deserved. He was fearfully and wonderfully made and I loved him. Looking at my son I knew that God's plan was perfect.
God knew that we needed Nathaniel.
Now, 3 years later, I cannot imagine our family without this boy who is so full of laughter, energy, enthusiasm, gratitude, compassion, and mischief.
Happy 3rd Birthday Nathaniel! We love you more than you know. God has an amazing plan for you son, may you grow to love and serve Him with all of your passionate heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment