I am taking a break from my regular 1000 Gifts posts on Monday. Not because I don't have gifts to list but because I would like to ask you to pray for us.
Aaron has been looking for a job since he found out in the spring that his teaching contract would not be renewed. This is a tough year to be looking for a teaching job. There are fewer jobs available and more applicants for those jobs. We have been discouraged by the lack of response we have seen to his applications and inquiries.
Last week Thursday Aaron actually had an interview. However, it was an interview at a school that Aaron was initially not very excited about because it it an "alternative school." That means it is a school for kids who have some pretty severe behavior problems, or have had some legal problems and spent time in youth jail. He went for the interview and thought is was interesting but just wasn't sure that the job would be a good match for him. On Friday he received a call back from the principal. She had looked even closer at his resume, which includes youth ministry work as well as his DFCS work, and thought that Aaron had lots of background that would really qualify him for this position. She talked to him for a long time, wanting to know if he was serious about the job, what his concerns were and so on. Aaron had the feeling that she wanted to offer him the job but she told him she would be in touch with him on Monday.
We talked and prayed a lot over the weekend. As we began to think it through we began to see how Aaron does have unique gifts that would be a good fit for this job. He decided that if the job was offered to him he would take it. I was excited, thinking that this would give us financial stability for this year.
It is now past 8pm on Monday and we have not heard from the principal. I have no idea if that is good or bad. I am trying not to be too anxious. I know in my head that God is good and that His plan for our family is good. But tonight, in my heart, I am full of questions and doubts. What if Aaron doesn't get this job? Do I still trust that God will provide? Will I be able to react with grace and trust?
Will you pray with us? We want God's will. We want to trust God's goodness. Thank you.
Aaron has been looking for a job since he found out in the spring that his teaching contract would not be renewed. This is a tough year to be looking for a teaching job. There are fewer jobs available and more applicants for those jobs. We have been discouraged by the lack of response we have seen to his applications and inquiries.
Last week Thursday Aaron actually had an interview. However, it was an interview at a school that Aaron was initially not very excited about because it it an "alternative school." That means it is a school for kids who have some pretty severe behavior problems, or have had some legal problems and spent time in youth jail. He went for the interview and thought is was interesting but just wasn't sure that the job would be a good match for him. On Friday he received a call back from the principal. She had looked even closer at his resume, which includes youth ministry work as well as his DFCS work, and thought that Aaron had lots of background that would really qualify him for this position. She talked to him for a long time, wanting to know if he was serious about the job, what his concerns were and so on. Aaron had the feeling that she wanted to offer him the job but she told him she would be in touch with him on Monday.
We talked and prayed a lot over the weekend. As we began to think it through we began to see how Aaron does have unique gifts that would be a good fit for this job. He decided that if the job was offered to him he would take it. I was excited, thinking that this would give us financial stability for this year.
It is now past 8pm on Monday and we have not heard from the principal. I have no idea if that is good or bad. I am trying not to be too anxious. I know in my head that God is good and that His plan for our family is good. But tonight, in my heart, I am full of questions and doubts. What if Aaron doesn't get this job? Do I still trust that God will provide? Will I be able to react with grace and trust?
Will you pray with us? We want God's will. We want to trust God's goodness. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment