Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Potty Training: Season 2


While Jeremiah hits new milestones like starting school and playing soccer again, Nathaniel is not to be left out. In the middle of our new routine last week he decided it was time to be done with the diapers and put on "big boy" underwear. Keep in mind that he has wanted to do this a few times before, but only because he thought the underwear was cool. He had no real intention of using the potty and so after one afternoon of the novelty he would give up and ask for diapers again.
So last week when he started asking for underwear again I figured I would clean up a few messes, do an extra load of laundry, and have him back in diapers within a day. Nope. One day of puddles on the floor and then something clicked. He's been basically dry ever since last Friday (even in church on Sunday)! Yesterday morning something else clicked and he was able to make it to the potty for poo-poo! We did a big dance and he got an extra gummy bear (I am not above bribery when it comes to potty training, makes it go faster for us) and we were all so excited for him!
I know that there will still be accidents in the future. But we are so proud of our little monkey for achieving this milestone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Privacy, fun, relaxing. That is what going to the toilet should be. Oma