Monday, September 10, 2007

C-A-T




I know that every mother thinks that her children are the smartest most beautiful children in the world. I am not around many other 2 1/2 year olds, but I am starting to get the distinct feeling that my son may be a bit advanced in the whole letter recognition/phonics/reading area. He just seems to be fascinated with letters. Lately he is really into trying to spell words. Of course there are the 3 letter words like cat, bat, sat etc. and yesterday he brought out the letters to spell "best" (which is on his Leap Frog video). He still has not got the hang of really reading yet - just sounding out letters but I think that we are on the way.

Yesterday Jeremiah counted to 30. I looked at Aaron and asked him if he had taught Jeremiah that because up until now we couldn't seem to get past 10. Aaron said he thought I had taught him. Somehow he figured out how to count to 30 all by himself.

Still having sleeping problems with Nathaniel. I am sure you are getting bored of that topic so I will not elaborate. It's pretty boring really.

So another week begins.

No comments: