Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Look at that neck control!



In order to counter my previous post of today which was a negative rant I post these pictures of my littlest boy holding his head up for your enjoyment. He really is getting more alert and aware. Yesterday we caught him actually watching the moving birds and butterflies at the top of his swing. He likes to be held up so that he can hold his head back and look around. Yesterday evening (in these pictures) he was looking out the window at the contrast of the leaves on the trees against the bright sky. Today he looked over in Jeremiah's direction when Jeremiah started talking to him.
I am still trying to work out the 2 boys different schedules. Nathaniel is in that stage where it takes me longer to put him to sleep for naps (I guess that is the byproduct of being more alert), so I am working on juggling needing to focus on him at certain times and of course those are the times that Jeremiah decides he needs my attention too. I will say that night sleeping is going much better! Nathaniel is sleeping for about 4 hours at a time so after his 10pm feeding I usually wake at 2am and 6am to feed him. He is doing much better about going quickly back to sleep after nursing and I am even usually able to transfer him from our bed to his bassinet once he is really asleep. I know, I am supposed to work on him falling asleep in his bassinet by himself - but I will take what I can get! Right now sleep for me is a high priority.
This week God has given me the strength I need to wake early and spend time with him. Of course, ironically, Jeremiah has been waking when I do but I turn on his light, give him some books and he usually stays quietly in his room until I come and get him. I feel more refreshed and ready to face the day which is all God's grace because if it were up to me I would sleep an extra 45 minutes. :-)

No comments: