
We finally got it!
Ok - it looks
abit funny but we finally got a picture of Nathaniel smiling. He has been smiling a lot the past few days, just not when we point the camera in his direction. Last night he was making eye contact with me when I was talking to him and all of the sudden he tipped up the left corner of his mouth in the cutest one-sided smile I have ever seen. It was a special moment. This morning he started smiling when the music started playing in church.

Jeremiah thinks that it is time to teach Nathaniel his ABC's utilizing his blocks. From the intent look on his face Nathaniel seems to be paying attention to his big brother. :-)


On Saturday I went to the neighborhood yard sale in Steve & Brenda's subdivision in the hopes of finding some winter clothes for Jeremiah (it turns out that the big bag of winter clothes that I thought I had in the attic in fact was a figment of my imagination...). I was unsuccessful in that quest but I found a portable dishwasher for $40. That's right! We now have a dishwasher! (It is the almond colored appliance up there.) I know it seems silly but the dishwasher has made my year! It felt like heaven yesterday to keep the dishes in the washer instead of on my counter, to load the dinner dishes straight up, to roll the washer over to the sink, let it run, and wake up in the morning to clean dishes! The other plus is that the top of the washer has a
butcher block counter top so I have more space for preparing food. It feels like heaven. So our kitchen will definitely not be featured in
Better Homes & Gardens with its strange assortment of mismatched appliances and improvised storage - but I don't care since I don't have to do all my dishes by hand anymore!!!

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing his smile- sweet sweet boy! That is great about your dishwasher- I am so glad you found it.
XO,
Mariana
The smile is precious!! I love it when they finally start responding!! Enjoy these precious moments... they are running around as "big boys" before you know it. And, Sarah, I really don't know how you did it without a dishwasher!! I know that I definitely take mine for granted...but I don't know how I would do without it. It runs at least once a day!! What a great blessing and good find for you! Enjoy.
yea for dishwashers!! I very much get that also the pics are great! We miss you all!!
Sarah,
I know how you feel! I have a dishwasher in my new home, and it's the first time in my life that I've lived with one! It's great, even for me (single)...I have an older house (1950), and while it does need a bit of TLC I am greatly enjoying my "hodgepodge" appliances and uneven wood floors. =)
love ya,
carolyn
Post a Comment