
Well, he still hasn't managed to get his thumb in his mouth but has decided that sucking on the knuckle of his fist is better anyway. Now that he has arm control this is a favorite pass time.


And of course we still try to obey the doctor and have tummy time. He doesn't really like it much but is getting a lot better about holding up his head. He actually prefers to practice sitting!
3 months stats: Weight - 13lb10oz (50th percentile) Length - 24 1/4 in. (50th percentile)
--
I can hardly believe it has been 3 whole months since Nathaniel was born! Time has flown by and we can hardly imagine our life as a family without him. He is such a pleasant and happy baby. Now that he is "talking" more we often sit and listen to him babble and watch him smile. He has big, warm, open mouth smiles that light up his whole face. He is also very laid back and will often sit in his chair for about 20 minutes kicking his legs, waving his arms, looking at the little animals that hang from the bar, trying to make them move, and babbling away. I am amazed! Jeremiah had to be constantly held and would never sit in one place for more than 5-10 minutes. Nathaniel also really responds to Jeremiah, probably because Jeremiah will often put his face right up close to Nathaniel's and talk to him. Almost every time Nathaniel hears Jeremiah talking or laughing he will turn in Jeremiah's direction and smile. It is so cute to watch. Jeremiah in turn likes to talk to him, lay next to him, and hug and kiss him. We continue to help him do that gently. :-)
Nathaniel is still not sleeping through the night - but I have learned to be ok with that and am thankful that we are at least down to only 2 feedings. One of the books I am reading by Dr. Sears refers to it as "night time parenting." This has helped my attitude tremendously. I am learning that just as every baby has a different personality every baby has different sleeping habits. So I respond to his cues and needs and do what needs to be done (nurse, rock, cuddle, let him sleep in our bed, etc.) to teach him how to sleep. This is essentially what I did with Jeremiah - but back then I was not sure it was "right" since there is so much information about just letting babies cry and doing what is necessary for baby to adhere to my schedule for my convenience. I feel much more comfortable now and I know that once Nathaniel is ready we will all be getting more sleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment