Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation hangover



Some of the fun Jeremiah had one day last week working outside with papa.

Nathaniel gets a bath in Grammy's sink.
Yep, I do feel like I have a vacation hangover. A whole week of vacation has left me groggy, in need of coffee, and trying to adjust to a regular routine again. Aaron is back at work. The boys and I spent yesterday at home, chilling in our sweats, trying to clean, and trying to get a normal schedule established. Jeremiah especially enjoyed watching Elmo on Sesame Street while cuddling with his very own Elmo on the couch. Jeremiah currently has two volume levels - loud and louder. We are at a loss trying to teach him to use his "quiet voice" because it seems he just doesn't have one. I love the running commentary I get on his daily activities; "I play in my room mama. I be right back mama. I have a snack please mama? I help you do that mama. I go play with Thomas mama." You get the idea.
Nathaniel continues to grow like a weed. Yesterday I packed away most of his 3-6 month clothes and hauled out the 6-9 month clothes. I couldn't believe it! He is a chunky little monkey. I have the feeling that he will be sitting on his own in no time at all. He basically holds himself upright in my lap and over the weekend kept pulling up into a sitting position from a semi-reclined position. The good news is that he is consistently sleeping better at night. We are now down to just 10pm and 5am feedings! Yeah! He still sleeps in his car seat or swing but I am ok with that. The bad news is that he has decided that he doesn't like eating from a bottle anymore and for the past week has refused one every time we tried to give him one. He's going to have to get over it because I intend to have a fun, childfree evening at Ben & Ramona's reception and on New Years!
Speaking of those things - just 12 days until we leave! I have got to get back to list making and organizing...

2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Oh, I feel your vacation hangover pain...Yeah for Nathaniel sleepling longer...yeah for mommy for getting more sleep!! I know you are going to have such a wonderful time in Holland! It will be here before you know it!

Amy Ross said...

oops...not sleepling, but sleeping... but I guess when he is sleeping he is a cute little sleepling!