This game has been floating around the internet world for a while now. It is fun to see people list 25 random things about themselves. I have been tagged twice on Facebook so I will just post my list here. And I'm sorry, but I don't tag back.
25 Random Things
1. I grew up in Nigeria, West Africa from the time I was 9 months old until I was 10 years old. Something about Africa still tugs at my heart.
2. I never really had a strong desire to be a mom. Now I have 2 boys and would love to foster and/or adopt more children (because I hate being pregnant and because there are so many kids who need homes).
3. I am always full of good intentions, which I unfortunately rarely follow through on.
4. I love to read and sleep. They are my addictions.
5. I think often of taking my family and doing education/development work in other countries but am afraid I would not be up to the task.
6. I hate conflict and will do almost anything to avoid it.
7. My favorite color is yellow. I think that every kitchen should be painted yellow.
8. I don't really like to cook, but it seems like I am pretty good at it.
9. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't take voice lessons when my grandpa offered to pay for them.
10. I started dating my husband when I was a senior in college and he was a senior in high school. We received a lot of skeptical and negative comments. We are now in our 9th year of marriage and I can't imagine a better partner for me.
11. I procrastinate. A lot.
12. I struggle daily against laziness, complacency, and materialism.
13. I hate to exercise. (I know it is not the cool thing to say.) The only exercise I enjoy is a long quiet walk.
14. Once a year I experience a strong desire to move, change, start fresh in a new place where no one knows me. Yet, I have lived in the same small town for over 10 years now and also have a strong desire to put down deep roots. It is a strange dichotomy of being.
15. I love to travel.
16. I lived in Amsterdam when I was a teenager. I never once did drugs. Crazy.
17. I love weddings. I want to be a wedding planner in my next life.
18. I love looking at real estate. I want to be a real estate agent in my next life.
19. Even though I hate violence, war, guns, or conflict of any kind I yell a lot when I am angry or frustrated. I am working on that.
20. I had a difficult relationship with my mom when I was growing up. Now I consider her a great friend and am often sad that she lives so far away.
21. I have a really bad memory.
22. I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth.
23. In the past few years I have gotten into stamping and making cards. I like it because I can make thoughtful, handmade things for people that don't take a lot of time. Plus, I love sending and receiving real mail.
24. Last year I exchanged my original diamond engagement ring for a sapphire. I did it because I had originally wanted a sapphire but I bowed to peer and societal pressure to have a diamond. I love my sapphire and now see it not only as a reminder of Aaron's love for me but as a reminder to always be myself.
25. I wish I was a better friend, but I tend to expect people to leave or not like me so I keep them at arms length.
25 Random Things
1. I grew up in Nigeria, West Africa from the time I was 9 months old until I was 10 years old. Something about Africa still tugs at my heart.
2. I never really had a strong desire to be a mom. Now I have 2 boys and would love to foster and/or adopt more children (because I hate being pregnant and because there are so many kids who need homes).
3. I am always full of good intentions, which I unfortunately rarely follow through on.
4. I love to read and sleep. They are my addictions.
5. I think often of taking my family and doing education/development work in other countries but am afraid I would not be up to the task.
6. I hate conflict and will do almost anything to avoid it.
7. My favorite color is yellow. I think that every kitchen should be painted yellow.
8. I don't really like to cook, but it seems like I am pretty good at it.
9. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't take voice lessons when my grandpa offered to pay for them.
10. I started dating my husband when I was a senior in college and he was a senior in high school. We received a lot of skeptical and negative comments. We are now in our 9th year of marriage and I can't imagine a better partner for me.
11. I procrastinate. A lot.
12. I struggle daily against laziness, complacency, and materialism.
13. I hate to exercise. (I know it is not the cool thing to say.) The only exercise I enjoy is a long quiet walk.
14. Once a year I experience a strong desire to move, change, start fresh in a new place where no one knows me. Yet, I have lived in the same small town for over 10 years now and also have a strong desire to put down deep roots. It is a strange dichotomy of being.
15. I love to travel.
16. I lived in Amsterdam when I was a teenager. I never once did drugs. Crazy.
17. I love weddings. I want to be a wedding planner in my next life.
18. I love looking at real estate. I want to be a real estate agent in my next life.
19. Even though I hate violence, war, guns, or conflict of any kind I yell a lot when I am angry or frustrated. I am working on that.
20. I had a difficult relationship with my mom when I was growing up. Now I consider her a great friend and am often sad that she lives so far away.
21. I have a really bad memory.
22. I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth.
23. In the past few years I have gotten into stamping and making cards. I like it because I can make thoughtful, handmade things for people that don't take a lot of time. Plus, I love sending and receiving real mail.
24. Last year I exchanged my original diamond engagement ring for a sapphire. I did it because I had originally wanted a sapphire but I bowed to peer and societal pressure to have a diamond. I love my sapphire and now see it not only as a reminder of Aaron's love for me but as a reminder to always be myself.
25. I wish I was a better friend, but I tend to expect people to leave or not like me so I keep them at arms length.
1 comment:
my favorites were 2 (of course...), 7, 14, and 24. fun activity... but i don't think i have time right now. maybe in a few days...
Post a Comment