Friday, January 23, 2009

I told you so....

Here is a link to a blog that I read. Her entry was thought provoking.
Consider this:
When I went in for my second ultra-sound with my second baby I saw his little face and body in an amazing 4D picture on a huge plasma screen tv. His arms were waving, his stomach was moving in and out, his legs were kicking. It was amazing how clear the picture was. He was 11 weeks and 5 days and technically could have still been aborted because he was not yet 12 weeks. I still don't see how this is an "intellectual issue" that we can debate away for our own convenience.
--
I have been trying hard to catch news stories about what Obama will do as president with abortion and embryonic stem cell research issues. The major tv news has not proved very informative in this area. This morning a brief mention was made of Obama's plans to overturn a ban on federally funded international aid organizations providing abortions as a method of family planning.
I don't care how politically correct you try to word that - it sounds crazy and just plain morally wrong! Christians should be up in arms about our tax dollars being used in poor countries to fund abortion (the killing of babies) as a method of family planning.
Many many people told me during this election cycle that Obama as president would not have much effect on the abortion laws in this country. They thought I was uneducated and being manipulated by right wing conservatives to take this issue so seriously. Well, unfortunately they were wrong. He has only been in office 3 days and he is already effecting abortion laws.
I love that Obama wants every human to have a good life and good opportunities. I just wish he would realize that babies who are unborn are human and have that right too.
I continue to pray that God will change Obama's heart and show him that all life is to be valued - especially the unborn who have no voice of their own.

No comments: