

I think we can officially say that Jeremiah likes music. He dances to music, sings to music, and makes music on his many instruments (recorder, xylophone, glockenspiel, harmonica, drums). Last week where we were staying in Gatlinburg he found a piano and next thing I know he is banging away and singing. Should make his great-grandpa Viss proud! :-) Last week in church he had his eye on the drummer and after church got a hold of the drum sticks. He also loves the rhythm egg and tamborine. Should make is Uncle Ben proud. :-)
Anyway, I know that a lot of this is normal developmental behavior, blah blah blah, but I can't help but think with musical genes on both sides of the family that it is not pure coincidence.
Here are Aaron and Jeremiah this Father's Day morning jamming to some music. Aaron does his best to indoctrinate Jeremiah with Niel Young, Johnny Cash etc. while I indocrinate him with more "pop" during the day. My guilty secret - Celine Dion. I must say Jeremiah loves it!
As an aside: Notice Aaron's orange shirt. By strange circumstance I married a man who loves the color orange even before he knew it's significance as the Dutch national color. He is bringing 4 orange shirts to wear in Holland! What I love most (and frustrates me most sometimes too) about Aaron - he does not care one bit what others think. Wear it proud baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment