I would just like to say that I absolutely love naps! This afternoon I was dreading putting Jeremiah down for his because the past few days it has been quite a battle. So today I decided to try something different. I got almost all of his books (which is huge pile) and we both snuggled up in my bed. We read books, head to head and cheek to cheek, until his eyes got droopy. Then we both turned over and slept. And then I woke up to his fingers on my face. It was beautiful and peaceful. It reminded me of the days not long ago when I would nurse him in our bed. His little body cuddled up against mine. We would drift to sleep and I would wake in the middle of the night when he needed to eat again and just stare in awe at his little face. The curled fists.
This afternoon I took a nap with my son. There were dishes waiting to be done, the floor needed to be vacuumed, a load of laundry was in the dryer waiting to be folded, I have no idea what I am going to make for dinner. But those things are not important. My memories are.
No comments:
Post a Comment