Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World Cup Disappointment

Jeroen, Martijn, Ben and Aaron in their full make-up.
All of us before leaving for the game!
The youngest Viss/Rapier Holland supporter.
Ramona and I smile in spite of our disappointment.
Sunday night was fun for us in spite of the loss of the Dutch team to Portugal. Aaron and I went into Haarlem with Ben & Ramona and two long time friends of my brother, Jeroen and Martijn. We found a cozy cafe and ate dinner while we waited for the game to start. The cafe was filled with Dutch fans, all in orange and the atmosphere was great! Of course it would have been better if our team had won.....but I don't want to talk about that now. All I can say is that the Portugese did not play fair and the ref was an idiot.
JEremiah did great at home with Oma and Opa so Aaron and I have gone ahead and booked a hotel room in Amsterdam for next week Tuesday! We are going to spend the day exploring the city and get some time to ourselves. Should be great!
Monday was rainy and cold here so we just hung out at home and slept a lot. This morning I will go and visit one of my friends from high school. That should be fun. Of course, I have to remember to watch for people on bikes while I am driving. It is my greatest fear that I will accidently hit some poor person on their way to market or something!
We are looking for great weather the rest of the week so a trip to the beach may be in the future and tomorrow we are going to take Jeremiah on a train into Amsterdam. Since he is so obssessed with trains we figured it is a cheap and easy way to keep him occuppied for the morning.

1 comment:

icajay said...

fun pics! We are so sorry about the game...we had what orange clothing out to cheer and were so angered by the game...