Monday, April 02, 2007

Azaleas


Our yard has a lot of azalea bushes. They are beautiful when they are blooming, which is about 2 weeks out of the year. So, usually every spring I go out, cut a bunch of the branches off of the bushes and fill the house with the bright flowers. It can get kinda messy some times but I love seeing the flowers in the house all day long.
So this afternoon before dinner Jeremiah went out and harvested our yearly blooms. I usually overestimate and cut too many branches. This year I thought I had cut enough for two big vases - but instead only ended up with enough for one and a small juice cup. Oh well, we'll go out again tomorrow!

Notice in the top picture my dogwoods blooming in the background. How beautiful is that?!

Happy spring everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: