Friday, July 20, 2007

Joining the crowd

For those of you who know Aaron well you know that his interest in having a cell phone has been absolutely nil. Most of the time he makes sarcastic comments about drivers talking on their phones, people whose phones ring while we are watching a movie (and other inopportune moments), and people that we see who seem to have a phone permanently attached to their ears while they ignore their family and others around them.
But today it seems that pigs have flown, hell has frozen over etc. etc. because Aaron is now the owner of a cell phone.
About a week ago out of the blue he said, "I think I need to get a phone." I almost fell over. Who are you and what did you do with my husband?
I think that it is mostly a safety factor. He is going to be riding his motorcycle most days to his school which is about 30 minutes away (on country roads). He will no longer have a direct line to his office where I can reach him at any point during the day.
I think that it also helped that he could get a phone that he can download and play music with.
So, for those of you thought it would never happen, our family is finally entering the 21st century.

No comments: