Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ready for naps

I am exhausted and am so glad that Aaron is home to take over nap time!
Last night Aaron went to a bachelor party so I decided to rent a movie that I knew he would never want to see and enjoy and evening on the couch with some ice cream. It was great and I really enjoyed having some time to myself. But since I knew that he would be back late I didn't take my Benadryl to help me sleep (I didn't want to be drugged out in case Jeremiah needed me) and so did not get to sleep until past midnight.
Today with nothing on the agenda we decided to do some housecleaning. I think that Aaron and I are both starting to feel some nesting instinct and want to start getting ready for baby Nathaniel. Plus I must say with all of the sickness and lack of energy that I have experienced during this pregnancy there are areas of the house that are very unorganized and dirty. So today our project was sorting, organizing and cleaning Jeremiah's toys and closet. This ended up being a fairly crazy undertaking with us putting everything in the middle of his room in order to do the job thoroughly. But it has been worth it! The room is now ready for the crib to be set up the week that Aaron is on vacation. And Jeremiah's toys are all neatly put in boxes and baskets with a special box of "baby toys" for baby Nathaniel when he arrives.
Even though we still have about 2 months to go until his due date I have found myself a bit antsy to start getting baby things down from the attic and start sorting, washing, etc. Of course, it doesn't make sense to start that yet because most of the stuff will just end up being in the way. So I am telling myself that we at least need to wait 1 more week until Aaron is on vacation. Then we will start the process slowly and still have some last minute things to finish up when my parents are here. But every now and then I find myself looking at the small pile of things that is growing in my closet - some clothes a friend at church gave me (really sweet but goodness - this kid is going to have more clothes than anyone else in this house!), a cute blanket that I couldn't resist and picked up for $4.00 on sale, the bottles, and some other odds and ends that haven't made it to the attic. I look at those things and I feel excitement and anticipation growing. Our little one is on the way!
But, for right now I have done enough work for today and am going to curl up on my bed for a nice little nap!

No comments: