Sunday, July 29, 2007

They're coming!

My parents arrived safely in Philly on Friday! They are now on the same side of the ocean that we are! We are counting the days until Tuesday when they come to our house. I started talking to Jeremiah about oma and opa coming sometime last week. He kept saying, "oma and opa come next weeks?!" He seems to totally understand that they will be here for a visit and keeps pointing to the guestroom - "oma opa sleep?"
Last week was a bit of an adjustment for me as Aaron had to go to school for a few days to start setting up his classroom and attending new teacher orientation. With him gone I fully realized how much I depended on him the week before to keep Jeremiah occupied and help with cleaning. I also realized that I just plain missed his company when he wasn't home. We have been using the new cell phone more than we thought we would, just to talk during the day!
So, he starts a regular schedule tomorrow. He still has 3 days of preparation and then the students first day is Thursday.
But my parents will be here on Tuesday! (oops, did I mention that already? hee hee)
We dropped Jeremiah off at the Rapier grandparents yesterday afternoon. We went to McKays and Target doing some errands and then decided to head home since I was really tired and uncomfortable. We called Chad & Cherise who came over for fajita's and a movie. It was fun to hang out with them.
This morning we were looking forward to sleeping in since Jeremiah is not here to wake us up. But poor Aaron's body clock has been reset since he is the one that has been getting up early with Jeremiah and I woke up of course hungry and needing to pee. So we are up, but it is still nice to enjoy a quiet morning - I may even get to blow dry my hair this morning. Imagine! :-)

No comments: