Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I am a Patriot

In my 7th grade class we are about to start an essay contest. The contest is sponsored by the VFW & there are 45 winners with the top winner receiving a $10,000 savings bond.
The title of the essay is, "Why I am an American Patriot."
So I found this video & I am trying to figure out to show it to my class because the county school system has youtube blocked from it's computers so I am just using the blog for my own personal gain.. oh that's kinda what a blog is anyway.
It's a great video.. there are several other versions of this song - two others performed by e. Vedder, one of which has some harsh language that is inappropriate for the kids ears.




Sarah is also sick.. so I am staying home tomorrow.. today by the time you read this. Hopefully a day of rest will help get her back on her feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome!
Hope your class appreciates it.
Ben

Aaron said...

I think the winner of the essay will be anyone who can finish an essay