It is finally quiet in the house.
Aaron just called and is on his way home.
Jeremiah had some kind of emotional meltdown this evening. Since he woke up from his nap the afternoon and evening was peppered with whining (lots of it), random crying for no apparent reason, excessive testing of limits and refusal to obey. I finally decided an early bedtime was in order and even after extra book reading and cuddling I could hear him crying for about 20 minutes before he finally fell asleep. What is up?
Nathaniel has been asleep since his last feeding at 3:30 this afternoon. That was 5 hours ago. I tried to wake him up about an hour ago to eat but no luck. This must be his messed up sleep cycle. If only we could get him to do this long sleep period at night when the rest of us are sleeping too! I just know he is going to wake up at 10 tonight bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to play. That's what happened last night. Although I will say that I think he is having a growth spurt since for the past 2 days most of his feedings have been 1 1/2 to 2 hours apart which for him is really frequent.
On a positive note I can proudly say that the kitchen floor finally got mopped today. The process involved one very very wet, dirty toddler who did not understand the concept of squeezing the sponge out in the bucket, instead preferring to soak the floor with excess water, and one mother trying to keep her patience. But it is done! I won't tell you how long it had been since the floor was last mopped or how dirty the water in the bucket was. That would just be depressing and I choose not to dwell on that.
Man I hope tomorrow is better.
Oh - Nathaniel is waking up. Will he go back sleep after he is fed?
1 comment:
You sure do have alot going on! Thinking of you guys today.
Mariana
Post a Comment