Has anyone reading this ever done Pilates? Well, if you do, let me just warn you that the first workout will kick your butt. Let me clarify and illustrate. I got a Pilates tape because I really enjoy doing yoga but realized that I needed something a little more intense to help with my post-baby-belly. So the other day I blithely proceeded to breeze through the work out thinking "that's not so hard, I must be in better shape than I thought." BIG mistake! The next morning "my core", which is Pilates-speak for abs, was so sore I could hardly breath. It took two Aleve to get me feeling normal again and I was very careful in how I lifted Jeremiah. But, I have now done a total of 3 workouts and they are getting better and I am not as sore. And I think I can tell a difference, but it might be wishful thinking...
I ignored a comment in my earlier post about Jeremiah's Veggie Tales obsession and decided to check out some Christian conservative blogs. Again, BIG mistake! I am now so upset I can hardly stand it! Why are people so narrow minded?
According to some bloggers I am allowing replacing the real Bible (King James Version of course) with a dumbed down version of the Bible and selling out to the world. I didn't realize I was doing all that. (sarcastic tone implied) Seriously, do these people really think that the only Biblical instruction a child in a Christian home is going to get is going to be from the Veggie Tales? Can Christian children not watch cartoons that are fun and entertaining and imaginative and learn about the Bible too? I was disappointed (but not surprised) by the narrow and judgemental view.
The other discussion in the blogs had to do with the fact that NBC is now showing Veggie Tales on their Saturday morning cartoons. But apperantly any mention of God had to be edited out. This has some Christian bloggers up in arms. Come on folks? Did you really and truly think that the main stream media was going to let Bible Verses and references to God be prominent in their programing? I have not been able to see the Saturday morning version yet, but I am happy that there is a cartoon on Saturday morning that I don't have to screen first or be worried about what Jeremiah might see. And just think - seeing the Saturday morning Veggie Tales may lead to some kids asking their mom to buy them the DVDs that do have the Bible verses (although not in King James) and may lead them to think about God, and maybe read a Bible for themselves. How can that be negative?
I wish everyone out there in blog land would just relax abit.
4 comments:
i started my video yesterday and let me tell you my abs hurt too...i guess it's working :)
Jeremiah isn't alone. Samuel's third word was "BOB!" I am not kidding, right after Ma-ma and Bye-Bye. Poor Chris, Da-da was his fourth word! And when he started talking, just a little after he turned one, he hadn't even been introduced to a VT DVD yet. It was just from reading some books. Now we own every DVD thanks to grandparents (too bad you don't live closer, we could have VT nights!). And now that Samuel is 4, I can see how watching these DVDs and reading the books make a POSITIVE difference in his life. He isn't confused about any biblical truths, nor does he think Bob and Larry are in the Bible. VT isn't a subsitute for family devotions or church. Like you said in your blog, it is a nice substitute for all that crap that is out there. Oh shit, I said "crap." Go figure, I let my kids watch Veggie Tales. Isn't a wonder I have a potty mouth! Ha, ha!
Hee Hee
Moni - keep with it girl, it will get better and you will feel better. I can already feel my abs tightening and my posture getting better.
Amy - thanks for the re-assurance. :-) I'm sure that if we lived closer Jeremiah would love to borrow some of your DVDs! And, how dare you use such language on my blog! hee hee , you know I am kidding.
Come visit some time!
See what I told you?
It's a war out there, folks!
Love to you all,
M&D in S. A.
Post a Comment