Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Last Day...

Posing with Ben & Ramona in the lion suit. ROAR!!!
Playing "Dance Dance Revolution" with uncle Caleb ("bleb-bleb" in Jeremiah language).
Taking a nap in the car on the way to Atlanta. Too sweet!
Our little lion running around the yard.
Playing with Aunt Ramona ("nona").
So, yesterday was a tough day on many levels. It was our official last day with Ben & Ramona. I woke up with a crummy cold and Jeremiah refused to take his morning nap before we left for Atlanta, not a good start to the day. But he did ok and even made it through a stop at the Old Navy Outlet before completely conking out in the car. So, he got a short nap in on the way to Uncle Caleb (Bleb-Bleb) and Aunt Moni's ("momi") house. Once there we just hung out, played a fun dancing video game, and tried not the think about the fact that we would be saying good-bye in just a few short hours. Moni made us a great meal (lasagne - yum!) and after a bath for Jeremiah it was finally time to go. Let me just say it was really hard. It is so hard to be so close emotionally and so far apart geographically. Ramona and I cried. Jeremiah got (and gave) lots of hugs and kisses. And then we were on the road again. Thankfully an exhausted Jeremiah slept the entire way home!
I am so thankful for Ben & Ramona's visit. It means so much to me that they took the time and effort to come and visit us here. I mean, they could have spent their vacation anywhere, so to choose our small town makes us feel special. I am so thankful that Jeremiah really bonded with them and had the opportunity at this age to start building his relationship with them. I can tell he misses them already. He has already gone into the guest room asking for Bee and Nona.... "They're on a trip baby, remember?" I am thankful that we got to continue building our relationship. I am thankful for the way I have seen God working in their lives. I am thankful that the next time we see them will be at their wedding!!!! I am thankful we have webcam.
Today is kinda cloudy and grey. My Bible study was cancelled (I can't say I wasn't a little relieved) and so I plan to spend the day in my sweats trying to clean the house a bit in between naps.
I will eventually put all the pics from the visit up on Katana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel you. We missed them alot when they left as well. Sad. It was wonderful while it lasted. Sorry to hear about your cold and everything else. I am praying for you. Love you sweet Sarah.
Mariana