
Ok folks - I am afraid that we have a full blown obsession on our hands. Seriously, is it normal for a 19 month old child to be able to name the 2 principle characters and point to many others when they are named? I'm not sure, refuse to feel guilty or ashamed!
Here's the latest discovery in our little one's Veggie Tales obsession:
The other day I picked up the cd pictured on the left. So far Jeremiah has listened to it 4 times completely through - either playing quietly or sitting in his chair. Totally engrossed! He likes to dance to the music and I am sure that soon he will be singing along. Of course I prefer him listening to the Veggie Tales than sitting around watching them all the time.
So we are going to support this obsession for the time being. I have found the Veggie Tales Store on line and will probably become a regular customer. They have great books too! And seriously, I have to hide Jeremiah's one Veggie Tales book or I have to read it over and over and over again. So more selection would be nice for all of us. The reason I don't feel guilty (even though Aaron continues to argue that we are teaching Jeremiah consumerism at such a young age) is that I would much rather he be obsessed with Veggie Tales than with something else. And I am willing to support almost anything positive that gives me a few minutes of time to get stuff done, or just sit down for a moment.
Plus, here comes another confession, I like the Veggie Tales myself.
So add them to your Christmas or birthday shopping list! Any books, cds, and yes even DVDs would be welcome! :-)
(Note: this is not a pay per post or anything!)
2 comments:
You should read what some of the conservative Christian bloggers have to say about how evil Veggie tails is.
Remember Psalty?
actually, i am going to avoid what some of the conservative christian bloggers have to say. the ones that I have read very rarely have anything edifying to say and seem to spend their time judging, finger pointing, and trying to scare the crap out of all of us. I end up getting angry and being in a bad mood for the rest of the day....
And yes! I do remember Psalty, Music Machine, and Bull Frogs & Butterfly's. They are also on Jeremiah's wish list!
Post a Comment