Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Nice!


I guess that Aaron has taught Jeremiah to say the word "nice" whenever he likes something. Today for snack we had strawberries (look at the size of them) and they were "nice." He saw a box waiting to go out to the trash, pulled the Styrofoam pieces out and said "nice." And of course his bed is "nice."

After nap we usually have some cuddle time in my bed. Every day I have Jeremiah look at my stomach and tell him that our baby is in mama's tummy. Up until now the only response to that has been to poke his finger in my belly button (hard) and laugh. Today was different and moving - he rubbed my tummy gently and said "wow." In order to make sure that he really understood the concept (at least for the moment) I asked him a few minutes later, "Where is our new baby?" He rubbed my tummy again and said "wow." How sweet is that?

It is raining right now. A soft gentle rain. The smell brings be back to Nigeria - it is a specific, earthy kinda smell that I only catch here every now and then. I guess a combination of warm, dry earth and cool, wet rain. Beautiful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah says: "It is raining right now. A soft gentle rain. The smell brings be back to Nigeria - it is a specific, earthy kinda smell that I only catch here every now and then. I guess a combination of warm, dry earth and cool, wet rain. Beautiful"

THANK YOU FOR THAT DESCRIPTION!
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW THAT FEELS/SMELLS!
BEN