For all of you bored with "bed talk" just hang in there for one more - when you are a parent you will understand....
Well, I think we can safely say that the transition to the "big boy bed" is a success!
Jeremiah loves, and I mean loves, his bed. He likes to play back in his room (on his bed) reading books, playing with his Larry and dinosaur, rolling around and jumping on the bed. Today he spent about a total of 2 hours back there and would promptly push the door shut after I checked on him to make sure he was ok. He even wants to have his diaper changed on the bed now!
He calls is his "nice bed" and his "big bed." Cute.
Nap time today went well. We read books for about 20 minutes and then I had him lay down and try and go to sleep on his own. I had to go back in and cuddle him for abit after he rolled around on his bed for about 30 minutes. But once he got some cuddling he laid right down and closed his eyes. After 2 hours I heard his door knob rattling and he was ready to get up.
So, I am thankful for a smooth transition. I don't think I could have handled any power struggles.
We have spent a relxing day here at home (with a much needed trip to the grocery store). It has cooled down some after the much needed rain we got yesterday. I am feeling sickly today (a small cold along with the morning sickness) so have not tried to do too much. I think we will go and cut some branches from our azalea bushes to enjoy inside. They are so bright a beautiful and last such a short time I feel I want to enjoy the bright colors inside where I can see them!
1 comment:
yea! glad it has been a success and we will be praying you feel better soon!
Post a Comment