Thursday, April 12, 2007

Some Thoughts On Having Another Boy

I still didn't sleep much last night. That's two nights in a row that my brain has been in overdrive despite the exhaustion my body feels. It's a bad habit that I think I get from my dad.
My mind was whirling with all the possibilities of having another boy. And I will admit, I couldn't stop trying to think of names. I'm a task oriented person so once we found out that this little one is a boy the next thing on the list was to get a name chosen. This will be quite a task as Aaron and I rarely agree on names that we both like. But here's a teaser - I think we are making some headway already.......
This child has been surprising us since his conception. Finding out he was a boy and not a girl was just another surprise. Aaron and I were both convinced that this was a girl. But, upon seeing the ultrasound I was not disappointed. I was excited! A brother for Jeremiah! Another son for us!
My brothers are about 3 years apart in age. When I think about our childhood I see them as being inseparable. They always played together. They loved being outside and would be gone from sun-up to sun-down inventing games and getting filthy dirty. Even as teenagers they had similar interests and many of the same friends. As the one sister I always viewed their close relationship with a little bit of jealousy.
Now, I know that there is no guarantee that my 2 boys will be as close as Ben and Will were. But the possibility is there. In my minds eye I see two blond headed boys with holes in the knees of their pants coming in the back door with a misciveous glint in their eyes asking for a snack. The picture brings tears to my eyes.
Plus, there is always the practical side: less stuff in the house as they can share toys, clothes, books etc.
This morning I feel so blessed by God! I know that He has wonderful plans for my children. I can't wait to meet this new little boy!
Oh yeah - and I have already started praying for cool daughters-in-law! :-)

3 comments:

icajay said...

we are so excited with you! I know it is going to be nice not to have to get a bunch of girl stuff on top of all the boy stuff! But we are excited to have another boy in the family!! Boys are deff cool stuff and I hope and pray Jeremiah and his brother will be close...btw are you all going to let us know about names at all :p

Michael said...

congratulations! boys are so cool. austin's favorite things are little einsteins, trains, and making messes. you will love having two little messers around.
-jess

Amy Ross said...

Oh, you will have that scene in your house before you know it!!! It does make life so much easier having the same sex! I know that those who have both say that you need one of each, but with all three of my boys having such different personalities, it NEVER gets boring!