For a while Cherise was coming to our house one morning a week to watch Jeremiah so that I could go into my office and work. That was such a blessing to us, but she is now a working woman and so her schedule has changed. Lately Jeremiah has been doing great in the church nursery - he enjoys playing with the toys and is hopefully learning some social interaction with other kids. So we are considering enrolling him in a Mother's Day Out program at the local Methodist church. I think that I would bring him one day a week from 10 am - 2pm.
I think that this would be a good move for a number of reasons:
- I have to have some time each week to do my work for MCC without interuption.
- I think that it would be good for Jeremiah to be around other kids to learn to play and interact with them.
- Once the new baby is here I am sure that I will need that one morning a week to either work or rest or just have some one on one time with the new baby.
Now that I have actually made the phone calls and found out about the program I am finding that this is a huge step for me emotionally. To trust my child to strangers for 4 hours a week. Will he like it? Will he be ok with other kids for that amount of time?
If we decide to do this it will be another of the many steps toward independence for Jeremiah and letting go for me.....
1 comment:
that is a big step! i do think that it would be great for all of you but i can also understand how hard it will be to do it in some ways! We will be praying!!
Post a Comment