Thanks to all for your prayers! Even though the weekend was busy we have all woken refreshed this morning!
Saturday was crazy! I left early for a meeting at MCC. It went well but I wasn't home until about 11:00am. In the meantime Aaron had left early with Jeremiah to get granddaddy's truck and pick up a piece of machinery that would pack down the new gravel in the driveway (I don't remember the technical name for it). He and Steve spent the whole day hauling and packing gravel. It was lots of hard work but our driveway looks great! No more walking through red mud to get to the car when it rains! I should have taken before and after pics, but I didn't. Sorry. We then all had hamburgers at Steve & Brenda's, came home, and went to bed.
Yesterday ended up being more relaxing than I thought it would be. I did have to speak at a church in the morning. It was an interesting experience. The church is definitely dwindling (evidenced by a tiny congregation of mostly older people in a large sanctuary) but they were so friendly! Almost everyone made an effort to greet us and talk to us and they made us feel very welcome at their potluck lunch. They were also very excited about MCC and you could tell from their bulletin that they supported a lot of ministries in their community. I find that ironic about churches - I have spoken in large, supposedly dynamic growing churches and never even received a greeting or welcome. And here in this small, struggling church I felt like one of the family. What really impressed me was the fact that the first people to greet us were the teenagers (about 5 of them) coming out of their Sunday school room! I know that the teens in our church don't greet newcomers.....
Anyway, we got home and all laid down for 3 hour nap! It was awesome! Obviously we were all in need of the rest. We wrapped up the evening with mac&cheese for dinner (Jeremiah's new favorite pronounced "roni-cheez") and a long walk through the neighborhood which Jeremiah insisted that he walk the whole way and refused to ride in the wagon. We did end up with a wagon full of treasures (sticks, stones, pinecones etc.) and another skinned knee (on Jeremiah).
This morning Aaron is off trying to figure out how to get some heavy cement drainage pipes out of the back of Steve's truck. Hopefully it won't take long and he will be back home soon. We miss him so much with this new work and school schedule. Jeremiah has loved having so much papa time this weekend.
1 comment:
i haven't visited for a while but i read with pleasure about your potty training plans... mainly because austin is the same way and for a while i felt like a failure and then i thought... come on now, does it REALLY matter if he is potty trained before age 3? diapers are so much more easy anyway! someone just this week told me that it doesn't matter when you start teaching boys to use the potty... they won't get it until around their 3rd birthday. suhhhweet!
-jess
Post a Comment