Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Ramona! (late)

Friday was my sister Ramona's birthday!
I meant to blog then, but was dealing with a sick baby - so this is a day late....
I have loved Ramona since I met her. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I love her laughter, her desire for fun, her compassion for others, and her thoughtful and searching mind and heart.
Ramona and I have had many serious discussions about every topic under the sun. But I think what I have been the most blessed by recently is her desire to know God in a deeper way. She does not take spiritual things for granted or at face value and by her questioning and desire to know more she encourages me to think deeper about my faith as well.
What I also love so much about Ramona is that even though we may not always agree on everything she always extends love and acceptance toward me. I never feel that her love for me is dependent on us thinking the exact same way all the time.
So Ramona, I hope you had a terrific birthday! I miss you a lot and many times wish you lived much closer so we could get together more often. My prayer is that God will continue to bless you as you continue to desire Him.
And, I can't wait to see in December and watch you and Ben marry (I'm allowed to cry right?)!!!!! Then you will officially be my sister-in-law even though we are already sisters at heart and in Christ.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Norman said...

Mooi loggie.
Helemaal met je eens.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wat een super lief berichtje!
Ik ben ook dol op jouw, Sarah. Ik hoop dat alles goed met je gaat en een dikke knuffel aan Jeramiah.
Dikke knuffel
Ramona