Yep, you read it right folks.
For about a week Jeremiah did great. Despite accidents he understood the concept of the potty and what needed to happen. Toward the end of the week he was even asking to go himself a few times a day. Then, 3 days ago he completely rebelled and would basically have nothing to do with the potty, except to play with it when I made him go into the bathroom to try and go. So, after 3 days of resistance and temper tantrums we decided that he was telling us he just isn't ready. So the little potty has been hidden and the diapers are back out. It just wasn't worth the constant hassle. Especially since I feel so worn out and lacking in patience.
So, I do not foresee the potty training starting again until Jeremiah is 3 years old and the new baby is about 6 months old.
I do not view this as a failure. I saw Jeremiah really grasp the concept in the short week - maybe his body just isn't ready. I also saw that even though I was tired and felt lacking in patience the process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I was able to deal with the accidents in a calm and matter of fact way (even on the day I cleaned up 9 puddles!). I feel confident that with the lessons we have learned this time around our next attempt at potty training should be fairly straight forward. Especially if Jeremiah is completely ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment