Put on the garments of praise for a spirit of heaviness
Let the oil of gladness flow down from Your throne
Put on the garments of praise for a spirit of heaviness
Your joy is my strength alone, my strength alone
--
Make these broken weary bones rise to dance again
Wet this dry and thirsty land with a river
Lord our eyes are fixed on you and we are waiting
For Your garments of grace as we praise your name
This is the song we sang as our call to worship on Sunday morning. I could feel my soul soaking it up like water. I have felt weary, broken, and a spirit of heaviness the past few weeks. I'm not exactly sure why. I guess just being tired of being pregnant. Being tired of not feeling like a good wife and mom. Being tired of being tired.... Obviously I have not had my eyes fixed on Jesus. So today I am going to sing this song over and over again as I go about my day and hope that the act of praising God and fixing my eyes on Him will bring the joy and strength that He has promised.
1 comment:
i love you and hope you know you are an awesome sister-in-law! i hope you feel loved today!
Post a Comment