Monday, December 04, 2006

Buy Nothing Christmas - I like it!

Ok - I will admit that I like receiving gifts as much as the next person. And yet, every year as the Christmas decorations go up earlier and earlier in the stores, and I am bombarded with tv commercials, flyers in the mail, magazine ads to buy more, more, more I start to feel frustration creeping in. For me it is hard enough in this materialistic society to resist the temptation of "things" during the year. This time of year makes it even harder. I even find it ironic that the phrase I have heard often here in the south is "I've got to get Christmas for my kids."
This year Aaron and I have made an attempt to not just get "stuff" for people on our list but to be more creative. (I won't say more than that and give anything away.)
So when I found this website the other day I thought it was great! Revolutionary in this culture I am sure - but great! Check it out!

No comments: