Thursday, December 07, 2006

Today's only goal


I am a fan of "to do" lists. I like to sit in the morning, look at my calendar, and think about what I need to get done that day. I don't always accomplish everything on my list - and I am learning to be ok with that.
Here's the deal - today, the one and only thing on my to do list is to get all of the dishes washed, dried and put away.
That's it.
Seriously, so many dishes have piled up on the kitchen counter (and stove) that there is only one solitary spoon left in the silverware drawer. And this after I washed a huge pile yesterday...
I get stressed out just walking into the kitchen.
So, while there are many things that need to get done, the dishes has moved to the top of the priority list. I will not start anything else until that one goal is accomplished. Anything else I get done today is just icing.
Update: One hour, 2 sink-fulls of soapy water, and one soaking wet Jeremiah later the dish drainer is piled high with the last batch of dishes drip-drying and the only thing left on my kitchen counter to wash are the zip-lock bags. Go me!
Now for the icing....

1 comment:

Amy Ross said...

Glad to read that there are others like me that have these struggles with completing their to-do lists!! I get so stressed! Maybe I need to attempt one task each day, but then I get so overwhelmed with all the other piles of &$%#! Joy in the Journey, that is what I say to myself ALL the TIME...whether it be in wiping noses, or milk off the floor, washing dishes or laundry!