We got Jeremiah a little cd player/radio so he could listen to his music in his room. It is intended as a Christmas gift but I pulled it out the other day in a desperate attempt to get some housecleaning done. It is awesome! I turn on his music, usually Veggie Tales, pull out a basket of his toys and he is content to play and listen for about 1/2 an hour! Amazing!Jeremiah's current favorite video is Baby van Gogh. I got it at McKay's hoping it would stimulate his interest in learning colors. He loves his ABC's books and his numbers books but pretty much completely ignores his color books. Go figure. Anyway, he loves the video and I like it to. It has a cute goat (van goat - how clever, hee hee) and it teaches colors using various famous van gogh paintings. When he wants to watch it he says "goat."
But that is all background for this: Last night we went over to some friends house to visit for a bit. Jeremiah loves going over there because all the kids want to play with him and their house is full of toys. He was blissfully exploring their dining area when we heard him all of a sudden saying "goat, goat" emphatically over and over again. We searched high and low trying to see what he was talking about. Then it hit us - they had a picture of Starry Night hanging in the diningroom. Jeremiah saw it and connected it to his goat video. He couldn't tell me what color it was (blue). Oh well.
Now, I have to take a minute to brag. Jeremiah can say his ABC's up to F! He can also say the "l,m,n,o,p" part. He recognizes many of the letters! I think it is amazing!
Well, it is a rainy dreary day here. But I am enjoying it as an excuse to stay at home, relax, do some house cleaning and just generally chill out before the fun activities of the coming days!
No comments:
Post a Comment