Just feeling abit frustrated as a mother today. Feel like I am just not doing something right. I can't figure out Jeremiah's sleep schedule (up at 6:30 every morning regardless of what time he went to bed the night before, sometimes 2 naps a day sometimes 1). And some days it just seems like all he does is whine and scream. Please please please someone tell me this is normal behavior for an 18 month old!
I am trying to tell myself that this is a stage he will grow out of like we grew out of the other ones. But for some reason today it just all abit much.
On a lighter note: Jeremiah can now point to yours and his eyes, nose, mouth and ears. He says "nose" and understands all of those in Dutch as well as english. He also likes to give high fives. Oh yeah, he is discovering the joys of jumping. Look out!
2 comments:
Perfectly normal and perfectly annoying!! On the wake up thing...my boys all started to wake up early at that age (they still wake at 6:30, but now that they are older I make them stay in their room until 7:00). I would only suggest keeping his bedtime earlier rather than later. My kids went to bed at 6:00 for the longest time. It seemed to help, especially when they were transitioning to one nap. When my boys started to only nap once (it seemed they would give up their afternoon nap first which made for a long day!) I would try to keep them up in the morning until noon and put them down for a mid-day long nap. But I would have to be careful because if we were out they would try to fall asleep in the car or stroller and that would just mess up everything! It is hard because they are grumpy, but mine always seemed to need some help getting to that one nap. Some kids transition better than others I guess. But yes, Jeremiah is going through what they all do...no fun for mommy! Maybe we can have a phone "date" soon! Samuel starts Pre-K tomorrow!! So, maybe next week sometime! I will pray for you and Jeremiah!
Thanks! Definitely call me! And can it really be that Samuel is starting pre-k. Just doesn't seem possible.......
Post a Comment