
Here is Jeremiah completely sacked out after - hold on here - falling asleep in his room all by himself. Seriously! I read him some books. Cuddled him for a minute and sang a song. Then laid him in his crib, told him I loved him and that I hope he would have a good rest. I then simply walked out of the room. 15 minutes later I went back in to check on him and here he was! This has never worked before! I am stunned. Of course, it may just be a fluke since we had a busy weekend and he only got a very short nap in the car this morning. But I am encouraged. If this continues I will be happy and sad at the same time. Happy because all the books and other veteran parents have been telling me that it is time for him to be able to fall asleep with out me in the room. Sad because it is just one more little step towards independence. You mean he doesn't need me to be there?
Notice how much rooom he takes up in the crib! He really is growing so fast. Aaron has suggested a couple of times that it might be getting time for a big boy bed. That I am definitely not ready for (although I did see some really cute kids bedding at Target the other day.....).
Pray for us this week. Aaron starts class. Thankfully both of his classes are on Tuesday night, but in order to make up for leaving work early on that day he will have to work later the other days. We are also getting back into helping with the youth group on Wednesday nights. The group is now meeting at the church (which is just 2 minutes down the street) so we go over there together and I leave early with Jeremiah so he can get to bed on time. I have been spoiled in having Aaron take over bath and bed time the past 2 months so this will be a bit of a change.
Aaron had fun riding his motorcycle with a group of friends this past Saturday. They went to a place that has over 300 curves in 11 miles. I will try and get him to blog about it and maybe attach a picture.
And it is time to start the official countdown to Ben & Ramona's visit: just 7 more days!
1 comment:
awww...it just makes me sad to realize how quickly he has grown up but at the same time its fun to watch it happen...btw did you figure out times for flights...i just wanted to make sure my day is clear if you all can stop by!!
Post a Comment